Written by Philomena Dorobek, Brand Storyteller
Fox Cities Performing Arts Center
Here at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center, your experience is important to us, from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave. As a multicultural gathering place for all, we strive to make you feel right at home. Our valet team is no exception; they will greet you warmly and attend to your needs as you enter and leave the building. This season, we’ve made adjustments to expedite and enhance your experience when you use valet service.
What is valet parking? Valet parking, as defined by Merriam-Webster, is a service that provides parking of motor vehicles by an attendant. While this explanation is straight forward, the real-world application of this process for first timers may be anything but. That’s why we have provided you with a step-by-step guide of how to use valet for your next experience at the Fox Cities P.A.C. This process personalizes and enhances your experience at the Center.
How to use valet service at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center:
Before the show:
- Pull your vehicle into the valet lane in front of the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center on Division Street – in front of the Valet Entrance. A valet attendant will approach your vehicle and greet you. Provide them with your last name, keys or fob.
- The attendant will give you a payment ticket and explain where to take it. They will explain how to collect your vehicle post show and how to get your tickets scanned to gain entry to the Center.
- With your payment ticket in hand, head to the valet payment station inside the Valet Entrance on Division Street – your payment ticket has these details as well.
- An attendant will collect your form of payment of gift cards, cash or credit and gratuity (The $20.00 fee does not include gratuity, so please remember to tip the valet team!) After which, you will be given a claim ticket to claim your vehicle at the end of the show.
After the show:
- Return with your claim ticket to the Valet Entrance after the event and show to the attendant. They will verify the claim ticket number to give the proper keys to the valet attendant.
- The valet attendant will pull your car into the valet lane where you will hand them your claim ticket to verify the correct vehicle is being retrieved.
I sat down with Steve Owens, the Center’s event service manager to discuss the changes to valet service that will make the process easier for both the patrons and the Center staff. Previously, patrons using valet would pay at the end of the event or show. This caused lines to form and extended wait times. Now, with implementing a pay upon arrival system, there is little to no wait when patrons are ready to leave after the event or show. By paying upon arrival, guests using valet have more time to enjoy at the Center once their tickets are scanned.
In addition to the convenience and safety of driving right up to the Center, another benefit valet service provides is the additional care given to your vehicle. “If there’s snow, we take care of your car by turning it on early to defrost and clearing off the snow from the windows and windshield,” Steve mentioned. “We also turn on your heater, so when you hop in your car, it’s nice and warm.”
Steve emphasized the amount of care that the valet team puts into the work they do and how they interact with patrons. Your safety and comfortability are their priority, as demonstrated by the kind and warm interactions exchanged. You will see that this team is a close-knit group that works hard and knows how to have fun. From gushing about the coolest car they parked to guessing the number of cars valet will park for an event, it’s never a dull moment.
Valet service is available for all public, ticketed performances, rain or shine, and can be added for any private event hosted at the Center.
Interested in joining the valet team? Visit foxcitiespac.com/careers for this and all other employment opportunities at your Fox Cities Performing Arts Center.
A special thank you to our Valet Partner, Bergstrom Automotive.